Business License Resources

Business Licenses & Town Fees

Business Licenses

The Town of Minturn has business licensing requirements for all business conducted within its corporate limits. The requirement extends to those businesses not physically located within the Town limits, but which send employees into the Town to sell, repair, or deliver merchandise and/or provide services to residents. It also extends to businesses operating on a year-round basis, a seasonal basis, or from a home. In an effort to maintain the residential character of Minturn's neighborhoods, businesses operating from homes within the Town (known as home occupations) require completion of the Supplemental Business License Regulations for Home Occupations and a review process by the various town departments.

Businesses must file both forms to receive a license.

Some business categories need to provide additional information, such as proof of liability insurance.

Town of Minturn business licensees expire on March 31 of each year and must be renewed by March 31 to avoid a late fee. License fees are not transferable to new ownership.


Includes all types of locations, occupations, professions, enterprises, establishments and all other kinds of activities and matters, together with all devices, machines, vehicles and other appurtenances used therein, any of which are conducted for profit or pecuniary benefit, either directly or indirectly, on any premises at a permanent location in the Town or anywhere else within its jurisdiction.

Requirements for Business Licenses

A general business license shall be required at any establishment operating as a single enterprise. Separate general business licenses shall be required for each location of an enterprise operating at more than one location within the Town limits. A general business license is required for anyone conducting business within the Town limits regardless of the physical location of the business enterprise. General business licenses shall expire on March 31 of each year.

Business licenses are nontransferable with a change of ownership or change of location.

Posting & Exhibiting

Every license granted shall be posted in a conspicuous place at the business location for the full term of the license. Licenses shall be removed upon expiration. It shall be the duty of each person, or a designated representative or agent, to whom a license has been issued to show the same at any proper time when requested to do so by and Town official.

Short-Term Rentals

Lodging Tax

Who must file a return: If you lease or rent rooms or accommodations for less than 30 consecutive days, a lodging tax is required to be paid. This includes hotels, apartment hotels, motels, lodging houses, motor hotels, guest houses, guest ranches, trailer coaches, mobile homes, auto camps, time share units, condominium units, town homes, trailer Courts, private residences, or any such similar place. A lodging tax must be filed every month even if there is no tax to remit.

When you must file: Returns must be filed monthly by the 20th day of the month following the month for which you are reporting.

The Lodging Tax Application Form and Lodging Tax Return Form can be found at