Restricted parking on Main, Boulder and Pine Streets will be in effect from November 1st to April 1st of each year.
The Parking Plan calls for year round, time-restricted parking in front of:
- Businesses located along the south-bound side of the 100 Block of Main Street;
- Businesses located along the south-bound side of the 300 Block of Main Street; and,
- North-bound side of the 400 Block of Main Street in front of St. Patrick' Church.
The purpose of this time-restricted parking is two-fold: Enable better customer parking for guests of local businesses and St. Patrick’s Church; and, Assist with Snow Removal and Street Maintenance.
Any questions, please contact Town Staff at (970) 827-5645.
Over the last several years, our Public Works staff has experienced increased difficulty in maintaining our streets. The difficulty arises from an increased demand on parking along the streets. During the winter, our Public Works staff is often seen dashing between one parked vehicle to the next, trying their best to plow the accumulated snow. Though the Public Works staff tries their best, we know the process is cumbersome and inefficient. We also know that when the streets are not impeded by parked vehicles, the snow can be removed in a faster, more efficient manner.
A second parking issue revolves around vehicles parked in front of businesses and St. Patrick’s Church, thus limiting parking for their guests.
In August 2008, staff submitted a parking plan proposal to Town Council that addressed these issues. Town Council approved the plan, as submitted. In addition, the plan, as it relates to parking along U.S. Highway 24, was submitted to the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) for final approval in 2008.
The parking plan incorporates the following from November 1st to April 1st between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
- No parking along the north-bound lanes of Main, Boulder (200 Block) and Pine Streets on Monday and Wednesday each week;
- No parking along the south-bound lanes of Main, Boulder (200 Block) and Pine Streets on Tuesday and Thursday of each week;
- Parking restrictions are in effect for Meek Avenue.
- Municipal Lot Restrictions
- Lot A – No parking Monday and Wednesday between 6:30am and 8:30am (for snow removal).
- Lots B & C – No parking Tuesday and Thursday between 6:30am and 8:30am (for snow removal).
No parking restrictions are in effect on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The parking plan also addresses year round, time-limited parking. Parking will be limited to two hours in front of:
- Businesses located on the south-bound side of the 100 Block of Main Street;
- Businesses located on the south-bound side of the 300 Block of Main Street (341 Main Street); and,
- North-bound side of the 400 Block of Main Street (St. Patrick’s Church).