About the Market
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the Minturn market, hosted by the Town of Minturn. The original Eagle County market, and the local’s favorite, is a true family-friendly artisan market showcasing a variety of local products – food trucks, fresh produce, baked goods, art & pottery, clothing & jewelry, pet products and much more! You’ll enjoy live music, a climbing wall and face painting too! The Minturn market takes place Saturdays, July 2nd through September 3rd from 9am – 2pm rain or shine, in historic downtown Minturn.
The Market is dog-friendly, but please keep your furry friends leashed. Thank you!
Market Parking is available in the Municipal Lot (A-C) public parking, as well as street parking throughout town (see below). The Municipal Parking Lot is located at the end of North Main St., just past the Minturn Saloon and the Eagle River Inn. (If you are driving into Minturn via southbound Hwy 24, you will turn left at Minturn Anglers and go over the bridge. From there, you'll see the parking lot).
Please DO NOT park in any area that is denoted Minturn Mountain Motel (or Turntable) Resident Parking.
Overflow market parking can be found throughout town via on-street parking, as well as by Eagle River Park (basketball court), and at Town Hall (302 Pine St / 301 Boulder St). Additionally, parking may be available at St. Patrick's Church (476 Pine St.) and the overflow lot across the street from the church. However, please keep in mind that parking may be limited or not available if the church has a special / private event that day.
Entering its 25th season and the original outdoor market to the Vail Valley, the Minturn Market’s mission is to encourage, support, and promote the entrepreneurial efforts of local, independent, and small-scale business owners seeking to sell products directly to the consumer. Inherent in this mission is the enhancement and enrichment of the community and culture in Minturn.
The Summer Market is open every Saturday from July 2nd through September 3rd, 2022. Located in charming Downtown Minturn, Colorado, the Market features a variety of vendors each week including food trucks, fresh produce, baked goods, local art, clothing and jewelry, pottery and home decor, pet products and much more.
MARKET PATRONS, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES:
If you are ill, do NOT enter the market
Sanitize your hands on entering and leaving the market
Face coverings are strongly recommended for non-vaccinated individuals
Follow social distancing guidlines
We recognize that the COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving, which is why our reopening approach is deliberately fluid and phased, and there are many factors. The Minturn Market will follow existing state and local guidelines, which continue to evolve.
However, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 currently exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting the the Minturn Market, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
We'd like to extend a hearty "Welcome!" to all of our new and returning Vendors. Every market day visitors come to purchase the best that this region has to offer in farm fresh produce, artisan foods and hand-made goods. The Minturn Market prides itself on offering a wide variety of vendor products, in the midst of our downtown commerical core. Our full-season market booth fees are the least expensive in the Vail Valley, making the Minturn Market the most cost effective market for Vendor participation.
Vendor applications go through Manage My Market. Remember, photos help, and Vendors should be able to upload them directly as well as the single/multiple events license.
Click Here to Apply to Become a Vendor. Vendor registration is now open!
All Vendors are responsible for knowing and abiding by our regulations. Please review the Vendor Welcome Packet for complete information on participating as a Vendor. Feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have about Minturn Market! We look forward to receiving your application.
All food vendors must meet State and County requirements. All vendors must have a Colorado Sales Tax License and must submit sales tax via the state of Colorado (unless the vendors qualifies as tax exempt).
State and County Requirements, and Helpful Links:
- Event License Application
- Apply for a Colorado Sales Tax License
- Colorado Retail Food License / Vendor Application
- What is Required to get Licensed as a Food Vendor
- Eagle County Temporary Food Establishment Vendor Application
- Cottage Foods Vendor Guidelines / Requirements
- Cottage Foods Checklist
Food Vendor Fire Safety:
- Food vendors will undergo a fire safety inspection.
- Food tents will need to have a tag that shows that they are fire resistant.
- Fire extinguishers required for all food vendors at all times.
- No grease laden cooking/grilling within 10ft of a tent at all times.
- Portable gas containers shall be secured from falling over at all times.
- Tents and membrane structures having an area in excess of 400sq ft. shall not be erected, operated or maintained for any purpose without obtaining a construction permit and approval from the fire code official. (IFC 3103.2).
- Permits shall be required as set forth in IFC section 105.7.18.
- Open flame or other devices emitting flame, fire or heat or any flammable or combustible liquids, gas, charcoal or any other unapproved devices shall not be permitted inside or located within 20 ft. of the tent or membrane structures while open to the public unless approved by the fire code official (IFC 3104.7).
- Portable fire extinguishers shall be provided as required by Section 906. (IFC 3104.12).
- Outdoor cooking that produces sparks or grease-laden vapors shall not be performed within 20 ft. of a tent or membrane structure.
Our generous Sponsors make the Minturn Market possible. Find out how your company can get in front of thousands of active, health conscious consumers every week! Become a Sponsor of Vail Valley’s oldest, open-air market.
Download the Sponsorship Packet
Thank you to all of our sponsors, and especially to our Presenting Sponsor, the Vail Daily, for making the Minturn Market possible year after year.
Directions & Parking
While Minturn is deep in the Rocky Mountains, it is only 3 minutes easy access from I-70.
Directions from I-70:
- Exit 171 to Minturn (Hwy 24).
- Take Hwy 24 to Minturn (about 3 minutes).
- Easy parking available if you turn left over the bridge onto Minturn Road. Follow Minturn Road through a residential area. This road will then cross the railroad tracks and approach commercial buildings. At this point, the road changes names and becomes “Railroad Avenue.” From Railroad Avenue, turn right onto North Main Street (the Turntable Restaurant is nearby). The dirt lot on your left is the Municipal Lot — park there! Please DO NOT park in any area that is denoted Minturn Mountain Motel (or Turntable) Resident Parking.
- Another parking option is to drive into town on Hwy 24. You will pass the Minturn Market and the downtown district. A few blocks into town, from Main Street (Hwy 24), you will turn right onto Harrison Avenue. Continue on Harrison until you hit Pine Street. Turn either left OR right on Pine Street. There is ample parking at the St. Patrick’s Church and the lot across from the church as well as parking at the Minturn Municipal building (Town Hall / Post Office).
Directions from Leadville (Scenic Byway Route):
- Take US-24 (left) out of Leadville toward Minturn.
- Continue on US-24, past Redcliff, into Minturn.
- Parking available if you turn left at Harrison Ave and then turn right or left onto Pine Street.
- Parking also available if you head straight on Main Street (Hwy 24), over Bellm Bridge (just past the Minturn Market’s Main Crosswalk) onto North Main Street. The Town of Minturn’s Municipal Parking lot will be on your left hand side.