About the Market
The Minturn Market is the original Vail Valley Market, now in it's 23rd season!
Hosted by the Town of Minturn, this free, family-friendly market takes place Saturdays, July 3rd through September 4th, 9am - 2pm. The Minturn Market showcases local artisans, crafts, businesses, prepared foods, farmers, and provides an opportunity for Eagle County visitors, residents and business owners to partake in locally produced goods and foods of the region. Anchored in the heart of Historic Downtown Minturn, the market serves as a lively and fun gathering place where people can come together to shop and enjoy the community with neighbors and visitors alike. The market has become the local’s favorite market of Eagle County and proudly appreciates its regular visitors season after season.
The Market is dog-friendly, but please keep your furry friends leashed. Thank you!
Market Parking is available in the Municipal Lot (A-C) public parking, as well as street parking throughout town (see below). The Municipal Parking Lot is located at the end of North Main St., just past the Minturn Saloon and the Eagle River Inn. (If you are driving into Minturn via southbound Hwy 24, you will turn left at Minturn Anglers and go over the bridge. From there, you'll see the parking lot).
Please DO NOT park in any area that is denoted Minturn Mountain Motel (or Turntable) Resident Parking.
Overflow market parking can be found throughout town via on-street parking, as well as by Eagle River Park (basketball court), and at Town Hall (302 Pine St / 301 Boulder St). Additionally, parking may be available at St. Patrick's Church (476 Pine St.) and the overflow lot across the street from the church. However, please keep in mind that parking may be limited or not available if the church has a special / private event that day.
Entering its 23rd season and the original outdoor market to the Vail Valley, the Minturn Market’s mission is to encourage, support, and promote the entrepreneurial efforts of local, independent, and small-scale business owners seeking to sell products directly to the consumer. Inherent in this mission is the enhancement and enrichment of the community and culture in Minturn.
The Summer Market is open every Saturday from July 3rd through September 4th, 2021. Located in charming Downtown Minturn, Colorado, the Market features a variety of vendors each week with items from great breakfast and lunch, baked goods, plants and flowers, local art, clothing, jewelry, handmade crafts, items for the home, pet products and more. Produce available starting July 24th.
MARKET PATRONS, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES:
If you are ill, do NOT enter the market
Sanitize your hands on entering and leaving the market
Do not linger / socialize in the market area
Face coverings are strongly recommended for non-vaccinated individuals
Follow social distancing guidlines
Vendors will serve you - do not handle products until paid or until given the OK to do so
We recognize that the COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving, which is why our reopening approach is deliberately fluid and phased, and there are many factors. The Minturn Market will follow existing state and local guidelines, which continue to evolve.
However, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 currently exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting the the Minturn Market, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
We'd like to extend a hearty "Welcome!" to all of our new and returning Vendors. Every market day visitors come to purchase the best that this region has to offer in farm fresh produce, artisan foods and hand-made goods. The MInturn Market prides itself on offering a wide variety of vendor products, in the midst of our downtown commerical core. Our full-season market booth fees are the least expensive in the Vail Valley, making the Minturn Market the most cost effective market for Vendor participation.
Vendor applications go through Manage My Market. Remember, photos help, and Vendors should be able to upload them directly as well as the single/multiple events license.
Click Here to Apply to Become a Vendor.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SIMILAR TO LAST YEAR - DUE TO CURRENT COVID-19 REGULATIONS AND HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES, WE HAVE HAD TO MAKE MANY ADJUSTMENTS TO THE MARKET. WE ARE HOSTING A 2021 MINTURN MARKET WITH LESS VENDORS TO ALLOW FOR APPROPRIATE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND OTHER GUIDELINES. PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL VENDORS, FOOD / PRODUCE VENDORS, AND VENDORS WHO PARTICIPATED IN 2020. AT THIS TIME, WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY PART-TIME VENDORS, WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING FULL-TIME VENDORS WHO CAN COMMIT TO ALL DATES. WE ARE ALSO NOT ABLE TO OFFER DOUBLE BOOTHS AT THIS TIME. ONLY SINGLE BOOTHS ARE AVAILABLE. IF YOU REQUIRE A DOUBLE BOOTH, PLEASE CONTACT US TO DISCUSS.
All Vendors are responsible for knowing and abiding by our regulations. Please review the Vendor Welcome Packet for complete information on participating as a Vendor. Feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have about Minturn Market! We look forward to receiving your application.
All food vendors must meet State and County requirements.
State of Colorado Requirements:
- Event License Application
- Colorado Retail Food License / Vendor Application
- What Do I Need to Get Licensed as a Food Vendor?
- Colorado Food Vendor Guidelines
- Colorado Retail Food License / Vendor Application
- Minturn Market Vendor Welcome Packet
Food Vendor Fire Safety:
- Food vendors will undergo a fire safety inspection.
- Food tents will need to have a tag that shows that they are fire resistant.
- Fire extinguishers required for all food vendors at all times.
- No grease laden cooking/grilling within 10ft of a tent at all times.
- Portable gas containers shall be secured from falling over at all times.
- Tents and membrane structures having an area in excess of 400sq ft. shall not be erected, operated or maintained for any purpose without obtaining a construction permit and approval from the fire code official. (IFC 3103.2).
- Permits shall be required as set forth in IFC section 105.7.18.
- Open flame or other devices emitting flame, fire or heat or any flammable or combustible liquids, gas, charcoal or any other unapproved devices shall not be permitted inside or located within 20 ft. of the tent or membrane structures while open to the public unless approved by the fire code official (IFC 3104.7).
- Portable fire extinguishers shall be provided as required by Section 906. (IFC 3104.12).
- Outdoor cooking that produces sparks or grease-laden vapors shall not be performed within 20 ft. of a tent or membrane structure.
Our generous Sponsors make the Minturn Market possible. Find out how your company can get in front of thousands of active, health conscious consumers every week! Become a Sponsor of Vail Valley’s oldest, open-air market.
Download the Sponsorship Packet
Thank you to all of our sponsors, and especially to our Presenting Sponsor, the Vail Daily, for making the Minturn Market possible year after year.
Directions & Parking
While Minturn is deep in the Rocky Mountains, it is only 3 minutes easy access from I-70.
Directions from I-70:
- Exit 171 to Minturn (Hwy 24).
- Take Hwy 24 to Minturn (about 3 minutes).
- Easy parking available if you turn left over the bridge onto Minturn Road. Follow Minturn Road through a residential area. This road will then cross the railroad tracks and approach commercial buildings. At this point, the road changes names and becomes “Railroad Avenue.” From Railroad Avenue, turn right onto North Main Street (the Turntable Restaurant is nearby). The dirt lot on your left is the Municipal Lot — park there! Please DO NOT park in any area that is denoted Minturn Mountain Motel (or Turntable) Resident Parking.
- Another parking option is to drive into town on Hwy 24. You will pass the Minturn Market and the downtown district. A few blocks into town, from Main Street (Hwy 24), you will turn right onto Harrison Avenue. Continue on Harrison until you hit Pine Street. Turn either left OR right on Pine Street. There is ample parking at the St. Patrick’s Church and the lot across from the church as well as parking at the Minturn Municipal building (Town Hall / Post Office).
Directions from Leadville (Scenic Byway Route):
- Take US-24 (left) out of Leadville toward Minturn.
- Continue on US-24, past Redcliff, into Minturn.
- Parking available if you turn left at Harrison Ave and then turn right or left onto Pine Street.
- Parking also available if you head straight on Main Street (Hwy 24), over Bellm Bridge (just past the Minturn Market’s Main Crosswalk) onto North Main Street. The Town of Minturn’s Municipal Parking lot will be on your left hand side.