The intention of the Historic Preservation ordinance (and the formation of the Historic Preservation Commission) is to create a reasonable balance between private property rights and the public interest in preserving the Town's unique historic character through the nomination of Buildings, Structures, Sites, Objects and Historic Districts for preservation.
The purpose of this ordinance is to enhance the Town of Minturn's local resources and to promote the public health, safety and welfare through:
- The protection and preservation of the Town's architecture, culture, and heritage as embodied in Historic Properties and Historic Districts, by appropriate regulations and incentives
- The stabilization of historic neighborhoods
- The establishment of the Town's Historic Register listing Historic Properties and Historic Districts
- The cultivation of civic pride in the art, architecture, and accomplishments of the past
- The encouragement of continued private ownership and utilization of such Historic Properties or Historic Districts now so owned and used
- The promotion of thoughtful community planning and design, and
- The provision of educational opportunities to increase public appreciation of the Town's unique heritage
Historic Preservation Meeting Minutes
Official Town of Minturn public records are available online, and easily searchable through our Public Records Portal powered by Laserfiche.
|Madison Harris - Town Staff, Planner||970-827-5645 x2|